There are always going to be times when we get stuck in life, and the one thing that can get us out is learning. However, learning what to do to get us unstuck and having the confidence to apply it isn't always easy!
Lifelong learning becomes a fundamental skill when we need to adapt, change and pivot in situations to achieve a more effective outcome. This course will show you how.
Learning is a complex system, which may be surprising considering the ease with which you can learn some things! However, many of us can also point to times in our lives when learning has been hard work or stopped altogether.
When we get stuck we need to develop effective strategies to overcome our challenges. Often these strategies are things we need to learn, such as managing our anxiety, becoming a more organised learner, utilising our support network effectively, and bouncing back from failures.
This evidence-based course will teach you how motivation, your teachers, anxiety, mindset, cognitive preferences and the strategies we adopt can both help and hinder us when learning. Becoming a lifelong learner means recognising the attributes that are impacting your learning environment in both helpful and unhelpful ways, then developing a plan to improve your capacity.
It is our capacity to grow, adapt, change, develop and learn that predicts our success in life. This is more important than traditional notions of IQ, or your percieved ideas about your natural competencies or talent. What you will learn in this course is what is required for effective learning and how to better self-manage your learning environment for future success.
This is the foundational online self-paced module for learners aged 13-25yrs. The program takes around 90-120 minutes to complete online.
What to expect in this online program:
- Short video-type lectures to teach the key concepts
- Worksheets for reflection
- Personal report identifying the learning attributes impacting your success (emailed 48hrs after completion)
- Quizzes to check your knowledge
- Discussion board for personalised feedback
- Follow-up activities and reading list
- Downloadable eBook chapter to support you in the future
Psychologist & Education Consultant (10+yrs).
B.Collins - Parent of Year 8 son
PreviewIntroduction & welcome (1:56)
PreviewComplete the Learning Space tracker survey
StartWhy should we learn about learning? (1:48)
StartWhen learning works! (0:29)
StartWhen learning stops! (0:32)
StartWhat gets you stuck when learning? (3:16)
StartThe impact of not learning (0:58)
StartWhat are my learning roadblocks and what can I do about it? (6:29)
Frequently Asked Questions
Learners have the option to book into virtual classroom sessions where individuals work together or one-on-one to apply their knowledge and skills. This enables learners to better transfer their new strategies to the real world. Sessions are held online via zoom.
Please visit the website for more information: www.ilearnforlife.org
Additional online modules can also be accessed which focus on:
- Get motivated and find your drivers
- Manage your emotions to maximise your learning
- Discover my learning preferences and limiting beliefs
- Develop a growth mindset to overcome obstacles
- Develop supportive relationships and connect to my 'team'
- Adopt the best strategy for your learning challenges
- Make effective choices about your future