Develop a growth mindset to overcome obstacles
Identify my learning mindset and develop strategies to improve my beliefs about my potential
Mindset is a part of your psychology that relates to your beliefs and perspectives about yourself, your ability and your potential. Carol Dweck an amazing pioneer in this research categorised two mindsets, a fixed mindset and a growth mindset. She discovered that a growth mindset was required for learning however individuals don't always hold this type of perspective about their capacity and potential.
This means that individuals experience reduced motivation and engagement in learning and learners were less willing to stretch and develop themselves. Those learners could develop unhelpful patterns and habits related to learning which results in a disengagement from school and stops the development of lifelong learning skills, required to get us unstuck, develop our resilience and motivation.
Developing a growth mindset when faced with learning challenges is a critical skill, this course will help you identify your mindset within a learning context and help you improve or maintain that for future learning challenges.
What to expect in this online program:
- Short video-type lectures to teach the key concepts
- Worksheets for reflection
- Personal report identifying the learning attributes impacting your success (emailed 48hrs after completion)
- Quizzes to check your knowledge
- Discussion board for personalised feedback
- Follow-up activities and reading list
- Downloadable eBook chapter to support you in the future
Psychologist & Education Consultant (10+yrs).
I am delighted that my Year 8 son did this course. We both found the information on his learning preferences and styles very insightful and it has helped him work out ways to motivate himself and to be more engaged at school. Thanks, Rosie, I'd say we'll be back for a refresher before Year 12!
B.Collins - Parent of Year 8 son
Frequently Asked Questions
Learners have the option to book into virtual classroom sessions where individuals work together or one-on-one to apply their knowledge and skills. This enables learners to better transfer their new strategies to the real world. Sessions are held online via zoom.
Please visit the website for more information: www.ilearnforlife.org
Additional online modules can also be accessed which focus on:
- Get unstuck and become a lifelong learner
- Get motivated and find your drivers
- Manage your emotions to maximise your learning
- Discover my learning preferences and limiting beliefs
- Develop supportive relationships and connect to my 'team'
- Adopt the best strategy for your learning challenges
- Make effective choices about your future