Get motivated and find your drivers
Motivation is a fundamental ingredient in learning. What happens when it's not there? How can we get motivated and inspired to engage?
What motivates you? What happens when your motivation is no longer there? There are lots of times in our lives when we will struggle with motivation. This is a problems because motivation propels us to act. We need to be able to act effectively and productively to learn, change and grow.
Motivation helps us move from stuck situations, which is important because when we are stuck we are a greater risk of disengagement, depression, anxiety and feeling directionless.
The other challenge with motivation is that it changes over time and things that previously did motivate us can sometimes stop or demotivates us. Why is this the case?
To maximise our motivation we need to understand the mechanics behind motivation, what motivates us and how to develop our motivation when we get stuck. This course will show you how.
This online self-paced module is for learners aged 13-25yrs. The program takes around 90-120 minutes to complete.
What to expect in this online program:
- Short video-type lectures to teach the key concepts
- Worksheets for reflection
- Personal report identifying the core aspects of your motivation equation (emailed 48hrs after completion)
- Quizzes to check your knowledge
- Discussion board for personalised feedback
- Follow-up activities and reading list
- Downloadable eBook chapter to support you in the future
Psychologist & Education Consultant (10+yrs).
I am delighted that my Year 8 son did this course. We both found the information on his learning preferences and styles very insightful and it has helped him work out ways to motivate himself and to be more engaged at school. Thanks, Rosie, I'd say we'll be back for a refresher before Year 12!
B.Collins - Parent of Year 8 son
Frequently Asked Questions
Learners have the option to book into virtual classroom sessions where individuals work together or one-on-one to apply their knowledge and skills. This enables learners to better transfer their new strategies to the real world. Sessions are held online via zoom.
Please visit the website for more information: www.ilearnforlife.org
Additional online modules can also be accessed which focus on:
- Get unstuck and become a lifelong learner
- Get motivated and find your drivers
- Discover my learning preferences and limiting beliefs
- Develop a growth mindset to overcome obstacles
- Develop supportive relationships and connect to my 'team'
- Adopt the best strategy for your learning challenges
- Make effective choices about your future